SIDENOR Group represents VIOHALCO’s steel production, processing and trading arm and is currently the largest producer of steel products, having a leading position not only in Greece but also in Southeast Europe.
SIDENOR’s business performance dates back to 1962 with the establishment of VIOHALCO-SANITAS, which has been the foundation for creating a vertically integrated Group of companies with 20 subsidiaries and associated companies in Greece, 16 companies abroad and production plants in Greece, Bulgaria, Russia and FYROM
SIDENOR Group’s activities are fully vertical and, aiming for optimal operational efficiency, they are distinguished in the following sectors:
- Pipes, Tubes and Hollow Sections
- Downstream operations and
- Sales and Distribution
SIDENOR Group’s products meet even the most demanding needs of SIDENOR customers in Greece and abroad and stand out for their excellent quality, high reliability and particularly innovative features. Moreover, the Group’s production facilities are being continuously upgraded and expanded through a significant investment plan, which has exceeded euro 750 million during the period from 1998 to 2012.
Given the technological advantage on the production level and the extensive sales network in Greece and abroad, SIDENOR Group maintains its leading position by having at the top of its priorities the non-negotiable quality of its products, the continuous emphasis on innovation, the investments in state-of-the-art technological equipment and finally a totally customer-orientated approach to its activities.
SIDENOR Group is fully integrated and its companies’ activities are divided into 6 main groups:
1) Production of Molten Steel
- Production plants: SIDENOR STEEL INDUSTRY SA, SOVEL SA, STOMANA INDUSTRY SA
- Product range: billets, slabs, blooms
- Total production capacity approx. 3,600,000 tons*
2) Production of Steel Long Products
- Production plants: SIDENOR STEEL INDUSTRY SA, SOVEL SA, STOMANA INDUSTRY SA, DOJRAN STEEL LTD
- Product range: concrete reinforcing steel in bars, coils, mesh & cages, lattice girders, merchant bars, wire rod
- Total production capacity approx. 3,200,000 tons*
3) Productions Pipes and Hollow Section
- Production plants: CORINTH PIPEWORKS SA, ZAO-TMK, PROSAL SA, PROSAL TUBES
- Product range: pipes for oil, gas, water & construction, hollow structural sections for construction
- Total production capacity approx. 970,000 tons
4) Production of Flat Products
- Production plants: STOMANA INDUSTRY SA, SOVEL SA
- Product range: steel plates, narrow hot rolled strip
- Total production capacity approx. 400,000 tons
5) Downstream Steel Production
- Production Plants: ERLIKON SA (wire products and concrete reinforcing steel fibres ), AEIFOROS SA (steel by-products Recycling), STOMANA INDUSTRY SA (special steels).
- Total production capacity approx. 560,000 tons
6) Sales & Distribution of Group Products
- Companies: SIDENOR STEEL INDUSTRY SA, SIDMA SA, E.D.YL. SA, ANTIMET SA, PR.A.K.SY.S. SA, SIDERAL STEEL, SIDEROM STEEL, SIDEBALK STEEL
* Based on planned investments
SIDENOR Group's highest priority is the continuous production of high quality products. The company applies a Quality Assurance System certified according to EN ISO 9001:2008.
Great emphasis is also placed on the protection of the environment as well as on occupational health & safety. SIDENOR is the first steel producer in Greece to apply in its 3 main production plants (SIDENOR STEEL INDUSTRY, SOVEL and STOMANA INDUSTRY):
- Environmental Management System certified according to EN ISO 14001:2004
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System certified according to ELOT 1801:2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007
SIDENOR SA and its subsidiaries (SOVEL SA, STOMANA INDUSTRY SA, ERLIKON SA, DOJRAN STEEL SA, PROSAL SA, AEIFOROS SA, and CORINTH PIPEWORKS SA) produce a wide range of steel products: